Because we have sinned (disobeyed God’s commands), we have severed our relationship with God and have fallen short of His intended purpose for our lives. This separation will lead to eternal death unless we are reconciled to God.
“…for all have sinned and fall short of the glory of God.” Romans 3:23 NIV
“For the wages of sin is death. Romans 6:23a NIV
So … here’s the question of the ages: How can we be reconciled to God? How can we bridge the canyon and make things right with our Creator?
Many … have tried various ways to get across the canyon without success.
Yet … because God loves us He gave us His Son to pay the debt we owe.
[Jesus said], “For God so loved the world that he gave his one and only Son, that whoever believes in him shall not perish but have eternal life.” John 3:16 NIV
You … have a decision to make. On which side of the canyon are you? Are you still on man’s side, trying to get across on your own effort? Or have you made the decision to use the bridge created by the cross of Christ? If you haven’t crossed over, what should you do?
- First … accept salvation as God’s free gift for all who believe in Jesus Christ.
“For it is by grace you have been saved, through faith – and this is not from yourselves, it is the gift of God-not by works, so that no one can boast.” Ephesians 2:8-9 NIV
How … do you demonstrate that you desire to receive Christ’s free gift? How do you open this package God has give to you?
- Repent … of your sins. To repent means to change your mind. Decide today that you no longer want to live life doing your own thing, but you want to follow God’s path instead.
“Repent, then, and turn to God, so that your sins may be wiped out, that times of refreshing may come from the Lord.” Acts 3:19 NIV
- Confess … that Jesus Christ is Lord.
“That if you confess with your mouth, ‘Jesus is Lord.’ And believe in your heart that God raised him from the dead, you will be saved.” Romans 10:9 NIV
- Be Baptized … into Christ. To be baptized means to be immersed in water. Baptism is a participation in the death, burial, and resurrection of Jesus.
“…Don’t you know that all of us who were baptized into Christ Jesus were baptized into his death? We were therefore buried with him through baptism into death in order that, just as Christ was raised from the dead through the glory of the Father, we too may live a new life.” Romans 6:3-4 NIV
If … you believe in your heart that Jesus is your Savior and you are ready to confess that Jesus is Lord and be baptized into Christ, contact First Christian Church (662-365-2235) to arrange an appointment regarding your next step.
- Church Membership … at First Christian Church is extended to any believer who has been immersed for baptism as a profession of faith in Jesus. Contact the church for more information.